NATIONAL PET MONTH LAUNCHES SEARCH
BECOME A YOUNG AMBASSADOR FOR OUR PETS: NATIONAL PET MONTH LAUNCHES SEARCH
National Pet Month – April 1 – May 10, 2020:
Help UK Pet Charities And Rescues with the #NPMOnline Challenge
National Pet Month launches this week (April 1-May 10) and is on the look-out for young UK pet fans to become Young Ambassadors for this year’s #NPMOnline campaign.
As we spend more time in our own homes, NPM is rallying our nation’s youngsters to show their love for our animal companions and help raise awareness and cash to help the nation’s pets.
Coronavirus restrictions impact our pets too, as we find ways to look after the animals in our care and those yet to find their forever homes.
The #NPMOnline Challenge for young pet fans, with support from their families and friends, could hold the key to success to spreading the word on caring for the pets we love, and raising funds to help them.
All young pet fans need to do to become a Young Ambassador and make a difference is to raise funds for National Pet Month – or another animal charity of their choice – online, from the comfort of their own home.
How to get started:
2. For those aged 16 and under (and with your parents’ permission), go online and declare yourself an NPM Young Ambassador using our hashtags #NPMOnline and #NPMYA. Tell the world why you love your pets!
3. Raise funds for National Pet Month, or if you have another favourite UK pet charity or rescue you’d like to support during NPM, tag them and NPM with your plans using #NPMOnline and #NPMYA
4. Stage your mini fundraiser and tell us all about it on our social channels, including how much you raised. Even a fiver can make a real difference so don’t be shy, give it a try!
Here are some ideas to try:
There are so many other ideas you could try – we would love to hear your suggestions.
“National Pet Month is an amazing community of pet lovers and as we’re all spending more time at home with our pets right now, we have a great opportunity to celebrate our pets with #NPMOnline,” says NPM Chairman Michael Bellingham.
“By becoming a Young Ambassador for National Pet Month and staging fun, online mini fundraising events, you’ll be helping to make a real difference to the lives of pets in need, and all from the comfort of your own home. What a great way to beat the lockdown blues!”
He adds: “Please remember that National Pet Month is also a charity and you can donate directly to us on our website. For more than 30 years we’ve been supporting fellow UK pet charities and educating the nation on the importance of responsible pet care. So, if you’d like to raise much needed funds for us that would be amazing too. Whatever you do this #NationalPetMonth, above all, have fun, stay safe, stay home and let’s all make a positive difference for UK pets.”
For further information contact Asha Clearwater at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07920 461040 or 01406 380737.
National Pet Month is a registered charity, unique in bringing together animal welfare charities, professional bodies, pet businesses, schools, youth groups and pet lovers. The trustees are National Office of Animal Health (NOAH) and Pet Food Manufacturers’ Association (PFMA). The charity’s key aims are to:
National Pet Month’s Top 10 Tips For Responsible Pet Ownership
1. Think carefully before getting a pet and learn about its special requirements.
2. Ensure your pet is sociable and well trained.
3. Provide a nutritious and well balanced diet.
4. Provide suitable housing and bedding.
5. Clean up after your pet and worm it regularly.
6. Protect against disease. Your vet can provide you with advice.
7. Prevent unwanted litters and neuter your pet when appropriate.
8. Groom your pet regularly.
9. Control your pet and ensure it is properly identified.
10. Take out pet insurance for dogs, cats, rabbits and horses to cover against unexpected veterinary
fees and third party liability.